The Ringwood Highland Pipe Band is honoured to again be performing during the RSL ANZAC day Commemoration March from the Melbourne CBD to the Shrine of Remembrance on Wednesday 25th April 2018. Please join us for this solemn yet enjoyable event.
We are scheduled to step off from the corner of Flinders St and Swanston Street at 10:35 am.
Information for band members
We will be running a mini-bus from the band hall into the city for the march this year. If you are interested in getting a lift on the bus please let John Wicks and Peter Watson know. Their email addresses and phone numbers will be emailed to you all separately.
The bus will depart the band hall at 09:00 am sharp
We expect the bus to arrive back at the Ringwood RSL at approximately 3:00 pm. Please understand that this is a rough guide to timing as thing can change during this hectic day. If you must be somewhere else by a set time you may want to make your own arrangements. If you need to arrange to be picked up a call when we leave to return to Ringwood would be prudent.
Arrival Time in the city
Band members traveling to the city themselves lease be ready with your pipes and drums to tune up no later than 10:00 am. Please allow extra time to find a parking space and to walk to our marshaling point when planning your trip into the city.
At this stage, please bring your jackets – the long range forecast is for warm weather… but this is Melbourne. We will confirm this detail closer to the day.
- Meet at 09:00 am in the Ringwood PB hall (if taking the bus)
- Meet at Marshalling area no later than. 10:00 am
- Step-off time is 10:35 am
- March completion atapprox 11:00 am
- Refreshments are served at the shrine (water, coffee, tea).
- We will then meet up and travel or other engagements in the city area.
- Travel back to Ringwood band hall from approx 02:30 pm
- Arrive at the band hall at approx 3:00pm
- Take own transport to the Ringwood RSL
- Perform at the Ringwood RSL from approx 3:15 pm for 15-20 minutes
City meeting point