The Ringwood Highland Pipe Band is honoured to again be performing during the annual Ringwood RSL ANZAC Commemoration ceremony on Sunday 14th April 2019. As per previous years the band will meet at Ringwood Square at 0900 to march to the Clock Tower where the commemoration ceremony will be held. Please join us for this solemn ceremony.
Band members please be ready with your pipes and drums to tune up at 09:00 am.
Please bring your jackets – if its warm there will be cars in the car park where we can leave them if need be. Better to have them with us. Similarly please bring your Inverness Capes if you have them
There is ample parking in Ringwood Square (corner of Maroondah Hwy and New Street Ringwood).
Some band members will be parking their cars in the Ringwood Railway Station car park just opposite the Ringwood RSL. I will be running a pseudo shuttle service for pipers and drummers, so if you’d like your car to be at the end of the march please look out for me to give you a lift. Also, if you do take up this offer, please look out for band members that may need to walk back to the march start and offer to give them a lift to their cars.
- Meet at 09:00 am in the Ringwood square car park
- Form up on Seymour Street approx. 09:45 am
- Step-off time is 10:00 am
- Commemoration and wreath laying at the clock tower from 10:30 am
- Reform at 11:00 am and march to the RSL where refreshments are provided.
More information is available from the Ringwood RSL website.
Route Map Key
- Orange star = meeting point
- Red line = main march route
- Blue Square = Clock tower – location of service
- Green line = reform and march to the RSL
- Maroon star = finishing location
- P in a circle = parking locations at the start and end of the march
Hope to see you there!
—- End of Post —-